lonecow posted a post in which there was a list listing skills she skilfully has that may usefully be of use if ever the zombies gather for a Zombie Apocalypse1.
- Make a list of skills you have for surviving a zombie apocalypse.
- Post your list.
- Basic skills at stabbityness!
- May need to be reworked as hackityslashiness, because nothing says "NO! No brains for you!" quite like decapitation.
- Ever-so-slightly-less-basic skills at shooting stuff with bows!
- At the very least, it seems to work well enough here.
- It may also see me shot/thrown out of the shelter/elected president of the survivors for (carefully) teaching the zombies (from a safe distance) to say "Needs moar brainz. We can has brains? Pls to be brains timez nao."
- Apocalyptic tactics!
- Once elected president of the survivors, official edicts would be passed against stupid acts such as:
- Splitting Up (12483-D)
- Not Looking Up (48624-F)
- Pressing Play on Tape Recordings of the Necronomicon (13854-P)
- Saying "It Could Be Worse" (35497-S), or
- Teaching Zombies to Speak Lolcat (46578-E)
- Not-Quite-MacGyverish Resourcefulness!
- Perfect for that last-resort defense of the apocalyptic acquisitions2 team.
- Cataloguing of Remaining Human Knowledge!
- Because, really, there's nothing worse than knowing you've got the perfect book on how to most efficiently turn zombies into scatterings of body parts, only to not know where it is.
- Booze Manufacturing!
- Not entirely tested, but still: Distilling! Brewing!
- Some Sewing!
- Accidentally stabbing myself with a needle and blessing your garment with blood is just one service I provide.
- Quick Learning!
- In a zombie apocalypse, attrition is inevitable. It's best to plan for those with essential skills - explosives manufacture, armouring, weaponsmithing, apocalyptic acquisitions2 and other such life-critical talents to die, often horribly, and become zombies themselves.
- The ability to quickly gain new skills from others with specialist knowledge is therefore essential for long-term survival.
- Group Training!
- What's the point of learning others' skills if you don't then do your level best to stamp them into the brains of new survivors, brains that will hopefully do their level best to not be eaten.
- Because having your brain eaten by zombies is kind of a silly plan, really.
- Also, because those classes were compulsory, and I'd like to get some use out of them.
Also, yay for the Battlestar Galactica soundtracks. They're things of excellence, rating up there with the Planescape: Torment soundtrack, or the scoring for Firefly... apart from one little thing.
One little thing known as a passacaglia3. Or, rather, one helpfully labelled Passacaglia and four variations thereupon, all of which stick in my head like some distilled, purified incarnation of auditory adhesion.
Plus side, at least now I know I have a weapon I can use against those who earworm for evil.